Here are some Fall landscaping tips for your yard from Integrity Landscaping:
- Shrub and Tree Planting – Fall is the perfect time to plant and encourage good root development. Fall planting helps the plants establish themselves before Spring.
- Trim those yew bushes. Now is the perfect time to shape and trim those yew bushes that grew wild during July and August.
- Lawn Problems? Now is a right time to sod or spot-seed barren or damaged areas.
- It is still a good time for aeration and fertilization.
- Grub problems? Fall is the right time to take control of the situation long term.
- Weed until a freeze. Failing to continue weeding will cause your weeds to spread and could make next season even worse.
- No pruning for Spring shrubs! Azaleas, Rhododendrons, and other flowering, spring shrubs have already set their buds for the following year; pruning them now will sacrifice next year’s spring flowers.
- If you want to add a lovely autumn look to your exterior, plant your hardy mums now.