Summer waves farewell with a last, few warm days as it fades to memory, and now we greet autumn as it arrives. Here are some fall landscaping tips for your home from the experts at Integrity Landscaping:
- Shrub & Tree Planting – Fall is the perfect time to plant and encourage good root development. Fall planting helps the plants establish themselves before spring.
- Trim those yew bushes. Now is the perfect time to shape and trim those yew bushes that grew wild during July and August.
- Lawn Problems? Now is a right time to sod or spot-seed barren or damaged areas.
- Lawn maintenance is vital in September. It is the correct time for aeration and fertilization.
- Grub problems? Fall is the right time to take control of the situation long term.
- Weed until a freeze. Failing to continue weeding will cause your weeds to spread and could make next season even worse.
- No pruning for spring shrubs. Azaleas, Rhododendrons, and other flowering, spring shrubs have already set their buds for the following year; pruning them now will sacrifice next year’s spring flowers.
- If you want to add a lovely autumn look to your exterior, plant your hardy mums now.
Remember, Integrity Landscape stands ready to transform you home to a wonderful, year-round paradise. We can then even maintain your look seasonally, if you wish. Call today for a free consultation.